God is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9). Therefore, the Bible doesn't hide what it takes to be saved. One of the places in the Bible to understand it best is in Romans. The "Romans Road" is a simple way of understanding salvation.
1. We are all sinners in need of a Savior. We have all been born with a sin nature that pushes us to do wrong, and we have all made choices that are wrong.
Romans 3:23 - "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
2. Our sin results in eternal death, but we can receive eternal life as a gift.
Romans 6:23 - "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."
3. To give us eternal life, God sent his Son, Jesus to die in our place and take the punishment for sin.
Romans 5:8 - "But God commended His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
4. We have only to believe Christ's sacrifice and surrender to Him.
Romans 10:9-10 - "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved."
5. We can have assurance in Christ.
Romans 10:13 - "Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."